tourist traffic going into the park. our turn is just before the gate, with no turn lane we wait patiently ...
Trail head at last :) full of cars... gonna be a touristy kind of day but I am so excited to be going back to Lake Angeles.......
weapons now allowed..... but no money to change the signs :)
ahhh yes I remember this calm place, with steep path that kicked my pre-accident arse....
moist enough here for stumps to heal themselves and continue to use their roots to nourish other trees.
Washington Fall colors
almost closed over....
going up !
up....
a fairy glen
more fall color
I had Z take these for me as he was caring the camera by this point...and they are not the shot I had in mind....the tree roots were 12 feet tall and just looked cool...
beautiful rest stops... and remember pictures don't do it justice... I love this country and love to show it to anyone who can get here !
Nicole & Me.
hemlock tree?
rock climbing Washington style
hey Jay, wanna come play ? Robin the shoes are lots more comfortable !!
love the light in the forest
I made it !!
need to look up this plant... still haven't found the book I need, hope it isn't lost forever... :(
love the way nature lets you see things in little pieces some times...
....as if we are not able to take it all in at once..... or maybe to help me appreciate all the little parts coming together to make a fantastic whole.....
...whatever "It" is I am thankful for this day and all the blessings it has given me. and added bonus that I get to share it with you ! Enjoy !
Zane & Nicole
reflection or maybe fish !?
this is not my favorite side of the island. guess I need to go back up and re-shoot it :)
Klahhanne Ridge
BIG OLD TREE. growing at around 4700 feet in elevation this big ole' Douglas fir has a very short growing season and 6-9 months of winter, truly a beautiful strong tree. one you walk right by and miss so easily !
just some fun shots
beauty around my back yard
cloud reflection in the water
havin' a Fosters on the mountain !
Thanks for the spray Nicole !
I have always loved the reflections here. today was no exception.
these 2 are top & bottom bottom being the reflection
fish
sunbeams
reflection of the sun & clouds
bottom 3of 3
middle 2 of 3
top 1 of 3
more signs of fall in Washington. this is SPREADING STONECROP ; Cascade stonecrop, sedum
natures art work
so small is the red, but so looked for by me. I miss the fall season the most. giving my hand for comparison
Jay was right I look at rocks differently....
nature at her finest.
The Island in Lake Angeles
the ridge east of Klahhane Ridge peaking out of the clouds
and its gone again..
salamander !!
mountain drainage...
Love the reflections...
Nicole, Me, & Zane. 9/2/12 Lake Angeles.
natures art work
steep up and skinny throughs....
my baby... all grown up.
one of my favorite places to go... there were more people here this time then all other times combined ! LOL! guess word is out !
large diverse forest for 4700 feet !
loved these trees, I can almost see some kind of hobbit house in it...
yup, the yuppies have found Lake Angeles !!
my Baby...
natures art works and me....
on top of the rock. Doing great !!! 7.5-8 miles walked carried my own pack not heavy but still I carried it :)
Nicole had climbed Storm King the day before this, I told her I used to do Storm King as a warm Up for Lake Angeles ! not usually in the same weekend however !
Ennis Creek
beware the deer and goats that know what a zipper opening means. they are extremely dangerous, and totally unafraid of humans.
I am truly blessed. what a wonderful tired I am. a day well spent usually means a good nights sleep to come. here's hoping you enjoyed the hike as much as you could through my pictures. think you can go the miles? read about the elevation gain from 1957 ft to 4700 at lake level.....its a climb.... and coming down feels oh so good, untill tomorrow...... but I did it.29 days into my 50th year I climbed another mountain. Praise BE !
Trail head at last :) full of cars... gonna be a touristy kind of day but I am so excited to be going back to Lake Angeles.......
weapons now allowed..... but no money to change the signs :)
ahhh yes I remember this calm place, with steep path that kicked my pre-accident arse....
moist enough here for stumps to heal themselves and continue to use their roots to nourish other trees.
Washington Fall colors
almost closed over....
going up !
up....
a fairy glen
more fall color
I had Z take these for me as he was caring the camera by this point...and they are not the shot I had in mind....the tree roots were 12 feet tall and just looked cool...
beautiful rest stops... and remember pictures don't do it justice... I love this country and love to show it to anyone who can get here !
Nicole & Me.
hemlock tree?
rock climbing Washington style
hey Jay, wanna come play ? Robin the shoes are lots more comfortable !!
love the light in the forest
I made it !!
need to look up this plant... still haven't found the book I need, hope it isn't lost forever... :(
love the way nature lets you see things in little pieces some times...
....as if we are not able to take it all in at once..... or maybe to help me appreciate all the little parts coming together to make a fantastic whole.....
...whatever "It" is I am thankful for this day and all the blessings it has given me. and added bonus that I get to share it with you ! Enjoy !
Zane & Nicole
reflection or maybe fish !?
this is not my favorite side of the island. guess I need to go back up and re-shoot it :)
Klahhanne Ridge
BIG OLD TREE. growing at around 4700 feet in elevation this big ole' Douglas fir has a very short growing season and 6-9 months of winter, truly a beautiful strong tree. one you walk right by and miss so easily !
just some fun shots
beauty around my back yard
cloud reflection in the water
havin' a Fosters on the mountain !
Thanks for the spray Nicole !
I have always loved the reflections here. today was no exception.
these 2 are top & bottom bottom being the reflection
fish
sunbeams
reflection of the sun & clouds
bottom 3of 3
middle 2 of 3
top 1 of 3
more signs of fall in Washington. this is SPREADING STONECROP ; Cascade stonecrop, sedum
natures art work
so small is the red, but so looked for by me. I miss the fall season the most. giving my hand for comparison
Jay was right I look at rocks differently....
nature at her finest.
The Island in Lake Angeles
the ridge east of Klahhane Ridge peaking out of the clouds
and its gone again..
salamander !!
mountain drainage...
Love the reflections...
Nicole, Me, & Zane. 9/2/12 Lake Angeles.
natures art work
steep up and skinny throughs....
my baby... all grown up.
one of my favorite places to go... there were more people here this time then all other times combined ! LOL! guess word is out !
large diverse forest for 4700 feet !
loved these trees, I can almost see some kind of hobbit house in it...
yup, the yuppies have found Lake Angeles !!
my Baby...
natures art works and me....
on top of the rock. Doing great !!! 7.5-8 miles walked carried my own pack not heavy but still I carried it :)
Nicole had climbed Storm King the day before this, I told her I used to do Storm King as a warm Up for Lake Angeles ! not usually in the same weekend however !
Ennis Creek
beware the deer and goats that know what a zipper opening means. they are extremely dangerous, and totally unafraid of humans.
I am truly blessed. what a wonderful tired I am. a day well spent usually means a good nights sleep to come. here's hoping you enjoyed the hike as much as you could through my pictures. think you can go the miles? read about the elevation gain from 1957 ft to 4700 at lake level.....its a climb.... and coming down feels oh so good, untill tomorrow...... but I did it.29 days into my 50th year I climbed another mountain. Praise BE !









































































































2 comments:
You should volunteer at one of these parks. Nobody knows these places better or loves them more.
in the years to come I will. now its time for me to get to know what I can do and how far in them I am able to carry my own gear. how far out do you want To get? I know you like a bed, ( ,okay so do I ) so day trips work for me, and do Seattle the day we get M.
Post a Comment