Mt.St. Helens

Mt.St. Helens

Monday, March 12, 2012

March is marching on

and at the end a Spring retreat  : )
I do enjoy the retreats but I am having some trouble getting on board for anything right now. I seem to have lost all forward go       again and stalling in this stupid depression is not where I want to spend spring.  what the fuck ?


so I started reading blogs by scrolling thru the next blog button came upon this at Our Catholic corner...... WTF ?
 
 
Wednesday, February 8, 2012Examination of Conscience for Wives


I found this little old pamplet in the bottom of a box at our Parish bookstore. This is a great reference for a wife/mother when you are preparing to make the sacrament of Confession.



It is also good for us to read and to make sure we are on the right path ;)



My Home



1.Is my home neat and clean?

2.Is my home attractive?

3.Is my home comfortable?

4.Do I make attractive use of color in the curtains, draperies, etc?

5.Do I allow my family to relax, to use their home?

6.Is my housework done early in the day?

7.Do I leave soiled dishes piled up in the kitchen?

8.Am I on the look out for ways to improve my home? Do I read magazines that might help me in this regard?

9.Are my husband and children proud to bring their friends home?

Do I welcome their friends?

10.Is there a genuine religious atmosphere in my home? Are there:

a)pictures of Jesus,Mary, etc?

b)crucifixes?

c)things necessary for a sick call?

Is my work done systematically?

12.Am I careful about money?

13.Do I keep a record of my expenses?

14. Am I trying to save money for the future?



My Table



1.Are the meals served promptly?

2.Do I consider the nurtitional value of foods?

3.Do I introduce variety into the menu?

4. Am I on the lookout for new and appetizing recipes?

5. Are my meals appetizing in appearance?

6.Do I cook the same things week after week?

7.Do I prepare everything as attractively as possible even when there are to be no guests?

8. Is the table set attractively and completely before the family sits down? Or am I constantly jumping up for something that is needed?

9.Is the main family meal a real family affair?

10.Is the table conversation pleasant? Or do I rehearse all the unpleasant circumstances of the day?

11. Is grace said before and after meals?

12.Do the children ask to be excused,if they must leave early?

13.Am I teaching my children the rules of good etiquette:

a)by my good example?

b)by an occasional gently reminder?



Myself Physically



1.Am I careful about my personal cleanliness and neatness?

2.Do I try to keep myself attractive looking?

3. Do I choose clothes wisely:

A)price?

b)pattern?

c) color?

4. Do I try to keep my figure neat and trim?

5.In general am I as careful about my personal appearnace now as I was before my marriage?

6.Is my husband proud to be seen with me?

7.Are my children proud of their mother?

8. Do I try to look my best when my husband comes home?

9. Do I dress according to my age?

10. Am I always modest in my dress?



Myself intellectually



1. Am I intellectually stagnant?

2. Have I tried to imporove my mind?

3.Have I kept up the practice of reading good books?

4.Do I read good magazines?

5. How much Catholic reading do I do:

a)books?

b)magazines?

c)pamphlets?

d) newspapers?

6. Do I keep up with current events?

7. Have I tried to develop my talent as a conversationalist? Or are the sujects of conversations merely personalities and jokes?

8. Do I speak grammatcially?



Myself Spiritually



1.How often fo I go to confession and receive Holy Communion?

2.Am I on time for Mass on Sundays and holy days?

3.Do I ever go to Mass on weekdays?

4.Do I remain in church until the Mass iv over?

5. Do I try to participate fully in the Mass?

6.How often do I say the rosary?

7.Do I say my morning and night prayers?

8.Do I say grace before and after meals?

9. Do I avoid in my language:

a)vulgarity?

b)obscenity?

c)cursing?

d) blasphemy?

10. Is the spirit of chariy manifest in my:

a)thoughts?

b)words?

c)actions toward my family?relatives? friends?neighbors?enemies?

11.Am I catty?

12.Am i really tring to midel my life on Our lady?

13.Do I keep confidences that are given me? secrets?

14.Do I lose my temper easily and frequently?

15.Am I selfish?

16.Am I generous?

a)to the poor?

b)to the church?

c)to the missions?



the next section what kind of wife am I..... WTF ?

some of this is what I concider manners...... wonder if Mrs. Manners was Catholic ?
press on and forward
fake it till you make it I am told.


2 comments:

VV said...

That's too much for one woman to worry about.

Larena said...

and it what I copied wasn't half of it !