Mt.St. Helens

Mt.St. Helens

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

pro-bono

well I had my free half hour consult today with the pro-bono attorney
should I day his name ?  not sure so I wont I am sure he is a very capable attorney.
my 3 choices as he sees it after just 15 minutes.....

a- ask Johnnie to come get the things he wants.
b- take an inventory of all that he wants and then give it to him, get a cost estimate so that later in the end of the divorce, MAYBE the judge will give me spousal maintenance to cover my half.....
c- walk away

what would you choose ?


foot note : just an hour since apt &  x calls hummmm...  Justin was at probono he is still connected to Jeff ...and he is Johnnies son....

1 comment:

VV said...

Take an inventory of all items, divide them between two categories: pre-marital property and marital property. Pre-marital property (at least in my state) goes to its original owner. As for the marital property, put an estimate of its current value as if you were going to sell it, not replacement value. Figure out what you want to keep and its value, then if you're keeping less than 50%, keep the dollar amount record so you can ask for it at the end. Any news on whether you will be able to keep the house?