Mt.St. Helens

Mt.St. Helens

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

well I have found the site again and I feel better after griping so here goes another installment of the story,
My poor little house was built in 1903, I really wanted to save it as a historical building but the work I would have been healthy enough to do three years ago I am no longer able to do. and with doctors still not knowing why, it looks like I will stay this way for life, soooooo....husband is older and not able to do the heavy stuff that needs doing and son now has his own life (finally at 23)....so we decided to take it down board by board so that the wood worker husband could reuse the old wood in it, for picture frames......with 5 cats in the house, and the apartment they are moving to not ready yet he begins ripping the walls down. I am eager to see what is in the walls.....but not this eager, our loan is not complete to rebuild yet.....MAJOR Stress........ I finally get the cats moved after a week of stress for all of us and Johnnie(the husband) can rip to his hearts content....
As the next week goes by he has discovered that the house burnt :( in the 40's and was all rebuilt, there were literally only 6 or seven boards left from the 1903 home. so the demolition can begin in earnest......however I will not let it continue till financing is secured.....husband seems unconcerned.....but I am wigging out !!!!! he and the young man he hired to help after financing is obtained have decided that two of the 6 trees on the lot have to come down.....so why not drop them on the house and help with demolition....it's a guy thing....I am sick that I am the reason for the end of two trees life cycle, I am sick that this house did not get recycled in a better manner. I am angry that every one that would have recycled anything from it expected us to take it apart and then transport it to them......the day comes and the treeguy is here...is it possible to hate a whole profession??? The husband wants to film the event.....ass.....I watch as the whole neighborhood comes out to see (all men other than me) two beautiful trees die.
after the first one falls I can stand no more I call my son to take me away.
after the house is gone from the lot I feel some better but every time I look at those stumps I cry, will I ever feel better? after all I am getting a new home, over 1000 square feet larger than the one now gone........

1 comment:

JR said...

It would have hurt me too. I assume there was no way to trim the trees back to save them? Perhaps they and their root system were encroaching just too far into the lot for the new house to go up? As for the old house coming down before the financing went through, I'd do more than freak out, I probably would have chained myself to the house and forbid anyone to touch it until the financing came through.