Mt.St. Helens

Mt.St. Helens

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DECEMBER 7th 2011

Happy birthday


Pearl Harbor day a day that has lived on.......  so many lost that day,,,, have you ever talked to anyone that was there?   door greeter Albert, was the one I talked to about it the most. once, I thanked him for his service and he cried, I didn't mean to make him cry  I just wanted him to know how thankful I am for every soldier and family that has supported them.  I have soldiers in my family a long line of them,  I married a Vet..... 
standing up for what is right is what started this country but somewhere along the way we have lost our focus and  mine is askewed....
Prayers to all as we remember the fallen this historic day, and to the birthday boy.

3 comments:

VV said...

My father fought in WWII. I believe he enlisted at 16 (illegally). He was a baker on a ship in the Atlantic. One time they came under attack and he was ordered topside to help with the guns. He said he still had the potholders on his hands when he went up on deck, which was a good thing as he was supposed to grab the spent shell casings from the guns and they were very hot.

Larena said...

Amazing K !. I never knew your Dad did I ? amazing how God looks out for us, pot holders on deck.....

VV said...

No, you never met him. I only met him for the first time when I was around 29.